Candriam’s Investment Engineering team is focused on providing functional support to promote development of transversal projects and promote innovation within the Front Office. Its mission is to facilitate but also technically challenge the implementation of projects.
The team Investment Engineerinf team delivers analytical support to portfolio managers of Institutional Portfolio Management, Fundamental Equity and SRI teams to strengthen their investment processes. Moreover, Investment Engineering is responsible for defining the standards of Front Office tools and providing support to investment teams for the implementation of a state-of-the-art FO platform connecting the portfolio management system with risk models, performance attribution and post-trade analysis.
- In order to fulfill these missions, Candriam is looking for an Investment Engineer who will:
- Responsible for the Mifid 2 consumption research process from budget definition to the monitoring of the billing process and the evaluation of the perceived quality of the research provided by brokers.
- Responsible for the competitors and peers risks and performances analysis on a recurrent and ad hoc basis.
- Promote innovation by leveraging Big Data and AI within ESG analysis and investment processes in order to make more informed decisions and build an edge for the coming years.
- Support Sustainable Investing enhancements and integration within Candriam Front Office by promoting SRI data quality and availability and making evidence of ESG analysis materiality.
- Provide ad hoc quantitative analysis at the request of client’s teams and the follow up of risk monitoring and deleveraging process like volatility control for Belfius and Downside Risk Control for institutional clients.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Master’s in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Financial Mathematics
- knowledge of Machine Learning,... is a plus
- Experience with Bloomberg and Factset is desirable.
- Strong quantitative & programming skills. Willing to develop tools in VBA, Matlab, Python, Power BI …
- Solid understanding of financial math, financials instruments like bonds, equities & derivatives.
- Able to work independently and simultaneously on different projects.
- Excellent communication capacities with written and oral presentation skills
- Strong drive for perfection / eye for detail. Analytical mind, Able to identify the essence in highly complex matters
- Self-taught, creative, dynamic, motivated, fast learning, well-organized, disciplined
- Team player, Flexible, Open for a fast changing environment
- Resistance to stress, Able to cope with strict deadlines
- Languages: English, Dutch, French