The BA, as an experienced analyst, will be in daily contact with the fund managers and liaise between all business lines concerned. Part of the job will be to examine requests received and to help produce the best solution for Candriam.
In line with Candriam’s strategy of seeking to integrate, and enhance the skills of, the Front-Office and IT teams, we now wish to engage an IT Business Analyst (BA) to strengthen our internal IT team.
The BA, as an experienced analyst, will be in daily contact with the fund managers and liaise between all business lines concerned. Part of the job will be to examine requests received and to help produce the best solution for Candriam, in order to:
- afford managers optimal portfolio monitoring using the tools currently at their disposal and also by proposing new solutions;
- handle fund managers’ requests for updates and support;
- integrate the portfolio management tools and the funds in line with the rules laid down by a well-run IT department.
We would also appreciate your hands-on involvement stretching to working directly on ongoing management systems so as to set up and define best operating practices.
To understand, and to help our managers improve, management tools and processes on an ongoing basis, an understanding of the operational processes and flows is essential.
As IT Business Analyst, you will help our Front Office teams of analysts examine Candriam’s portfolio managers’ requests for updates and changes in order to help them enhance their management process.
More specifically, you will take part in, or manage, from an IT standpoint, projects arising from requests received from the portfolio management teams, through the analysis, design, challenging and implementation of the solution that best chimes with our IT budgets and responsibilities.
You can look forward to joining a host of talented team-mates with an enviable array of analytical and technical skills.
The following are among your likely responsibilities:
- Manage, in your capacity as Business Analyst or functional analyst, various areas of management (funds, mandates, …) and different asset types (equities, bonds, derivatives,…);
- Act as interface between the management and technical teams, converting their demands into detailed specs for the IT department;
- Help upgrade the main portfolio management tool – the Charles River software solution;
- Proactively propose tailor-made solutions, taking into account the client environment and its ability to comply with the various regulations;
- Implement and coordinate operational tests;
- Draft user guides and functional documentation, organisng the requisite training therefor;
- Report to the Head of Front Office IT.
Outwith these missions, you will also be in a position to:
- Establish and maintain close relations with our internal clients, including Front Office and Risk Management;
- Take part in sales development initiatives or internal projects.
Requisite aptitudes and competencies
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Finance, Economics or IT;
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in the banking sector and a good understanding of the interaction between the portfolio management and the risk management processes;
- You have good functional/technical skills linked to Charles River-type solutions;
- You have proven communication, drafting and presentation skills and can explain complex questions simply yet professionally;
- Language fluency: French, Dutch, English.