Java Dev Engineer / Ingénieur (H/F)
Java Dev Engineer - Customer Information Management Brussels
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test and deliver applications in the scope of your squad. When necessary, you will also contribute to applications maintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
As a Dev Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's purpose. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
As a Dev Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing of our applications. You understand the entire stack, so that you can bring applications into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineer.
You are in constant dialogue with your tribe: you understand the goal of our business and work in a team of experts to find the most relevant solution for the customer's needs
The following items are vital in this:
- You build, enhance and maintain Java based applications, toolings and scripts.
- Hands-on experience with the design, development and test of Java based applications clearly is an asset in this respect. Knowledge of any other programming language will be highly appreciated. Willingness to learn other programming codes is indispensable.
- You apply continuous delivery practices as part of your daily work.
- You also have functional knowledge of Master Data Management and more specific of Customer Information Management in a banking environment.
- You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
- You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control
- You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning).
Contribute to the new way of working
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to the Agile ceremonies in a Spotify model (stand-up, refinement, retrospective, marketplace...).
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the purpose, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
- You continuously develop your own expertise while gathering, updating and spreading knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen
, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful
and a knack for always being a step ahead
. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
As a Dev Engineer you will also need:
Skills and competences
- Be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator is a main skill
- A passion for IT
- To be a strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
- IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to coach others
Experience and specialized knowledge
- You have very good knowledge and experience on following tools, languages, ... : Java 8, Websphere 8.5, SQL, APIs, Spring,...
- You are familiar with continuous integration and delivery (GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory,...).
- You are familiar with testing, including Test-Driven Development (TDD), end-to-end testing and Test automation.
- Monitoring tool knowledge (eg Splunk, Kibana).
- Designing and design for failure
- Coding and/or package integration
- Security & IT Risk
Education and Professional certifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent by experience
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in software development
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
We offer you
- Challenging projects & extensive learning options
- A new office space
- Personal coaching from Agile Coaches and expert team members
- 30+ holidays to spend as you see fit
- Flexible reward plan with options like car lease, pension savings, extra holidays
- Option to work from home