- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
[Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels]
Your role & work environment
The Legal Department provides Legal support and advice to all departments of ING. As a result, Legal is closely involved in the business they support.
Our Legal Advice Team is responsible for advising the Retail and the Wholesale activities and is involved in the development of new products and new services within ING Belgium. We do this in close collaboration with our colleagues from ING Belgium and ING Group.
Your key responsibilities
Based on the knowledge of the different legislations you will have to apply :
- You will be in charge of all legal questions related to financial, economic and banking law
- You will work with the colleagues in charge of the business or the development of new products/services
- You will go to internal or external meetings related to the legal files you follow
- You will follow legal claims related to your files, if any
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Legal Advisor you have as well :
- education : Master in Law
- an experience in a financial institution is certainly a big plus, but not a requirement
- languages: You do not have to be perfectly trilingual, but you can reasonably read documents, write advices and have meetings in English, Dutch and French.
And you are also someone who :
- would like to give legal support and advice to your ING Belgium colleagues
- is interested in financial, economic and banking legislation
- is client oriented : you try to find not only the legal problems but also the solutions
- can give clear and practical advice, by mail or phone
- is able to perform thorough legal analysis when required
- likes working in a team
- has an agile mindset
- is curious !
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Legal Department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!