Market Risk Manager
You will be part of the Global Risk Management team composed of 23 staff in Belgium, France & Luxembourg, in charge of detecting, monitoring and reporting on the types of risks incurred by Candriam, and its managed funds and investment mandates.
As part of the market risk management team covering classic managed funds and investment mandates, the Market Risk Manager is in charge of detecting, monitoring and reporting on market risks incurred within our investment processes. These processes include managing equity, fixed-income and monetary funds, as well as asset-allocation funds, along with discretionary management and advisory services for institutional and private investment mandates.
The Market Risk Manager participates in the Market Risk Management team assignments, by primarily:
- Analysing market risk indicators for funds and investment mandates,
- Analysing market trends and newsflow and the potential impact on portfolio risk profiles,
- Monitoring liquidity risks and carrying out liquidity stress-tests,
- Carrying out back-testing in order to define and update internal rules imposed on the front office,
- Controlling portfolio compliance with the internal rules defined by the company,
- Carrying out stress-tests on managed portfolios and critical analysis of portfolios proposed to clients in response to requests-for-proposals,
- Monitoring fund and investment mandate performances, and providing critical analysis of portfolio assessments,
- Preparing and actively participating in market risk committee meetings,
- Preparing reports on market risk indicators for submission to the management and boards of directors of the asset management company and the funds, as well as the main regulators (FSMA, CSSF, AMF, SEC).
- Master’s degree in finance or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience in the asset management industry, with direct involvement in financial instruments, e.g. front office or risk management
- Fluent in English and French. A working knowledge of Dutch would also be an advantage
- IT proficiency, particularly Excel & VBA
- In-depth understanding of financial instruments and portfolio risks
- Keen interest in financial markets and portfolio management
- Rigorous approach - critical awareness - motivated and flexible - team spirit