Ops Engineer - Financial Markets
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 18
Ops Engineer - Financial Markets
Are you looking for...
a position in which you are responsible for the improvement, performance and support of an in-house Pricing & Risk Reporting platform for the Financial Markets world ?
You have the right mindset if you ...
• are customer focused and a good team player.
• consider innovation a key building-block in building solutions.
• adhere to the agile philosophy in general and the DevOps concepts.
• have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
And you ideally ...
• have a computer science or computer engineering degree or relevant experience
• have a sound working experience with IT Service Management (ITSM)
• are ready to join a dynamic support team and be part of the on-call rotation and team coverage of business hours
• have practical knowledge of programming and scripting languages : Powershell, bash (Unix-Powershell), Python
• have advanced knowledge of SQL (T-SQL is a plus) and working experience using Microsoft SQL Server - SQL Agent
• have experience with tools like Jenkins , ELK, Grafana
• have an affinity for Financial / Mathematical / Economics topics
• have experience in Financial Markets Software Applications
... then you are our new Technical Software Support Engineer
Your role ...
FlexING is an in house built Real-Time Pricing and Risk Reporting platform used by the Front Office and Market Risk Management in order to provide commercial pricing and assess the market risks linked to the Exotic Interest Rates Derivative products. FlexING works on top of core software packages like Kondor+ or Summit and complements these packages with sophisticated figures that are not available otherwise. FlexING is used in Brussels, Singapore, New-York and Amsterdam.
The DevOps team is composed of developers, operational and Quants, covering the lifecycle of the FlexING multi-module platform from business requests analysis to production deployment, including 24/7 Support.
As an Operational Support specialist on the FlexING platform:
• Daily management of the application modules (identification and solving of issues).
• Improvement of tools for automating tasks.
• Monitoring and management of applications and batch processes.
• Building and maintenance of monitoring solutions around the supported applications.
• Making sure the application and system setup can guarantee high availability (automatic failover, load balancing ...).
• Providing world-wide support for our in-house application.
• Management of end users requests (assessment and prioritization).
• Incident and Problem management (registration, follow-up).
• Functional system administration (configuration, setup tasks, new reports).
• Lifecycle management planning for applications and platforms.
• Participate in disaster recovery tests.
As a team member of the FlexING DevOps team:
• Participation in planning and estimation process.
• Participation in stand-ups, sprint demos, retrospectives.
• Pro-actively give and receive feedback to improve the platform and define actions during retrospectives
Your work environment at ING ...
At ING our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them.
ING Belgium is a creative and dynamic environment where thousands of employees collaborate to offer a differentiating experience for Retail and Private Banking customers as well as individuals, freelancers, SMEs, large corporations, institutions and corporate clients.
As the first direct universal bank, we are a global financial institution with a strong European foundation, recognized as the Best Bank in Belgium and as an employer of choice for consecutive years.