Project Portfolio Consultant
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Jun 18 2018-06-23
Project Portfolio Consultant
Bank Portfolio Consultant
Full time contract, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You will work following the New Way of Working (AGILE) which is driven by autonomy and easiest alignment.
This way of working will bring you :
- empowerment and accountability on your delivery
- added value to our customers as you will deliver faster and in a more efficient way.
- good and rapid vision on what you deliver within your squad/team .
- a lot of development opportunities, sharing with close colleagues with different expertise.
Your key responsibilities
As a Bank Portfolio Consultant, you will have impact on the fundamental transformation ING is facing by being involved in:
- Strategic portfolio management and benefit management :
Aimed at supporting the Executive Committee and tribes/programs leads in creating, managing and delivering a change roadmap that is consistent with the strategic objectives and maximizes the return on investment by optimized capital allocation within the budget framework.
- Owning and managing key change processes (e.g. Gated Process, QBRs, Obeya):
Deploying bank-wide guidelines, orchestrating communication and supporting execution of the key change processes thereby accelerating delivery of change, while ensuring sufficient mitigation of risks
- Reporting and Monitoring:
- Analysing bank-wide delivery performance through reporting on progress and confidence level /predictability of the change execution incl. milestones, KPIs, OKRs
- Reporting on financials (actuals, forecast, tracking business cases) together with finance teams
- Performance metrics for squads and tribes based on agile delivery to improve outcome of sprints
- Ensure tooling supporting the Agile way of working is in place and used appropriately :
Support training and on-boarding of squads, ensure data quality checks to enable tribes deliver (as per promise) and maintain master data and tool schema (tribe and squad structure; Themes and Epics)
- Supporting the Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) process :
Facilitating the agile process based on 90 day cycles and Obeya rooms (as applicable); ensure data based strategic, tactical and/or operational decision making on change takes place, including monitoring of key milestones, identification of key actions and facilitating impediment resolution by having an independent advisory role.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Bank Change Portfolio Consultant, you will also need:
- Strong & relevant experience as Change/ Program Manager of minimum 8 years
- Being capable to take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted
relationship with senior management level
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of how to link strategy to concrete plans
- Being able to analyse & extract relevant and precise information from complex and/or large
quantities of information
- Stakeholder management experience on senior management level
- To take ownership on mission, actions and show a high level of autonomy: you are a role model
- Being a team player : we expect from you that you have a valuable contribution to the collective goals both regarding the concrete deliverables and the teamwork on itself.
- First experience in an AGILE environment
- Strong knowledge of Governance in a change environment
- Fluent in English and knowledge of Dutch and/or French
- Master degree level
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- Having the possibility to participate in course and training
- Having the opportunity to evolve in a cross border environment
- Being involved in an unprecedented transformation
- Getting to know Agile in depth
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!