Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a well-known environmental commodity trading company who are looking to add corporate sales trader focused on renewable energy certificates for their office in Belgium.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- You will be responsible for business development and trading in the European renewable energy certificate market, meeting with counterparties as necessary
- Grow and maintain a portfolio of clients within the European REC market
- Market analysis/research to mark pricing curves, form trading strategy and maintain knowledge of all regulatory changes to enable market making for RECs and support internal and external clients
- Carry out sales/marketing plans as set out by head of corporate REC sales
- Role reports into Head of Corporate Renewable Energy Certificate Sales
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in sales, account management or brokerage role and 3+ years’ experience with energy attribute certificates, guarantees of origin, wider renewable energy markets or the physical power markets are essential
- Established network of relevant contacts will be necessary for success
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset with proven success in contract negotiations
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal (English, other languages a plus)
- The role will be based in Brussels, Belgium