Senior Accounting Officer
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
Senior Accounting Officer
(Senior) Accounting Officer
Brussels, permanent contract, full time or part time
Your role & work environment
Within the Finance department the Finance Services teams deliver operational finance services for all stakeholders regarding accounting, financial reporting and management reporting, including quality and consistency controls. They are responsible for data management and analysis, Finance applications and process management.
As a (Senior) Accounting Officer you are responsible within a certain domain, for both run and change activities in terms of timeliness and accuracy of financial accounting and reporting. You have an end-to-end knowledge of the Finance process and a good business understanding, enabling you to perform controls and trend analyses.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsible for accounting of (complex) financial events in the General Ledger (BE GAAP & IFRS)
- Execute the monthly closure procedures to create the Balance Sheet and the P&L of the Bank
- Responsible for quality control over General Ledger and P&L preparation ; execution of key controls and technical validations
- Prepare sign-offs, explain trends and perform (technical) in depth reviews
- Monitor pro-actively continuous improvements in data and processes and implement changes
- Assess new product implementations and advise on the consequences for the Finance processes and applications
- First contact person for auditors
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
The future Finance employee has strong communication skills, is analytical and multi-disciplinary, has an independent critical attitude, is a team player, is knowledgeable on Finance matters, embraces change and has a strong customer focus
As a (Senior) Accounting Officer you will also need the following competences:
- Required level of education : master or equivalent by experience
- Level of years relevant experience : 3 to 7 years
- Level of knowledge IFRS/Regulatory : moderate / high
- Good knowledge of English, and of Dutch or French
- Problem analysis and judgment: draw up complex analyses
- Adaptability: anticipate new things
- Planning and organisation: set priorities
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- the possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- challenging projects & a steep learning curve
- the possibility to evolve from one job to another easily within Finance, in order to build a full knowledge of the Finance business in a major bank.
- an easy road into other jobs outside Finance, since you are in contact with a lot of stakeholders in the bank, both in Belgium and in The Netherlands
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!