Senior Accounting Officer
Senior Accounting Officer Brussels, full time or parttime Your role & work environment
Within the Financedepartment the Finance Services teams deliver operational finance services for all stakeholders regarding accounting,financial reporting and management reporting, including quality and consistencycontrols. They are responsible for data management and analysis, Financeapplications and process management.
As a SeniorAccounting Officer
you are responsible within a certain domain, for bothrun and change activities in terms of timeliness and accuracy of financialaccounting and reporting. You have anend-to-end knowledge of the Finance process and a good business understanding,enabling you to perform controls and trend analyses. Yourkey responsibilities
Within the Corporate Accounting team, you will besupporting the closing activties related to costs, tax and subsidiariesaccounting, including amoungst others :
We look for
- Be a second line of control onaccounting activities performed in other departments of the bank
- Responsible for accounting of (complex)financial events in the General Ledger
- Execute the monthly closureprocedures to create the Balance Sheet and the P&L of the Bank
- Responsible for quality controlover General Ledger and P&L preparation ; execution of key controls andtechnical validations
- Prepare sign-offs, explain trends and perform (technical) in depth reviews
- Monitor pro-actively continuousimprovements in data and processes and implement changes
- Assess new product implementationsand advise on the consequences for the Finance processes and applications
- First contact person for(external) auditors
A colleague witha talent for taking it on and making it happen,
enthusiasm for helping others to be successful
and aknack for always being a step ahead
.In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challengesin a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborativeperson who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love tochallenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions toproblems.
The futureFinance employee has strong communication skills, is analytical andmulti-disciplinary, has an independent critical attitude, is a team player, isknowledgeable on Finance matters, embraces change and has a strong customerfocus
As a SeniorAccounting Officer you will also need the following competences:
We offer you
- Requiredlevel of education : master or equivalent by experience
- Levelof years relevant experience : 3 to 7 years
- Levelof knowledge IFRS : moderate / high
- Advancedknowledge of MS Office (Excel)
- Goodknowledge of English, and of Dutch or French
- Problemanalysis and judgment: draw up complex analyses
- Adaptability:anticipate new things
- Strongplanning and organization skills
A clearpurpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and otherbenefits:
- Personalgrowth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise yourambitions
- Aninformal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting yourendeavours
- Aprogressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, withinthe Finance department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest inyour personal and professional growth including
We redefine banking. What aboutyou?
- thepossibility to participate in courses and trainings
- challengingprojects & a steep learning curve
- thepossibility to evolve from one job to another easily within Finance, in orderto build a full knowledge of the Finance business in a major bank.
- aneasy road into other jobs outside Finance, since you are in contact with a lotof stakeholders in the bank, both in Belgium and in The Netherlands
There hasnever been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that'scentred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart,determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay astep ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!