- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Biotechnology Analyst
As part of the Thematic Global Equity team of 8 professionals, you will assist in the management of the Candriam Biotechnology strategy, a successful and fast growing 1,5 billion USD specialist strategy investing in a global selection of listed biotechnology companies.
- You analyse the public medical data of investigational drugs, both in the pre-clinical setting as well as in human trials. To this end, you also interact with biotechnology company representatives from the scientific staff up to the CEO level.
- You put the clinical data in the context of the targeted disease, implying research on the disease characteristics and characteristics of existing treatments.
- You establish a commercial sales target for the drug(s) once approved, by analysing the prevalence of the disease, the price of existing treatments and the competitive positioning of the investigational drug.
- You built a relationship of trust with external analysts and represent Candriam at broker and/or medical conferences.
- You establish a fair value for the companies under your assessment using our well vetted valuation methodology and, over time, help brainstorming on how to further improve our investment process and valuation work.
- You hold a degree in biotechnology/life sciences. An additional financial degree a strong plus.
- Prior experience in a financial and/or research environment (wet or dry lab) a strong plus.
- You are passionate about equity research and investing.
- You are a team player; determination and ambition are a given.
- You have an investigational mind set and leave no stone unturned when analyzing a situation.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.