You will be joining the Market Intelligence & Product Strategy team, which is in charge of asset management industry intelligence and is also at the heart of investment product/fund innovation & development. The team researches the investment fund and mandates markets and analyses the competition in the asset management sector. The team is also in charge of determining product/fund strategy at Candriam.
As Senior Market Intelligence Analyst at CANDRIAM, your asset management experience and knowledge will contribute to the team through:
- Conducting client segment research (pension funds, insurers, private banks, etc.) covering assets under management, outsourcing, trends in terms of asset allocation and regulations in Europe and also in other regions (US, Asia)
- Delivering quality analyses of the asset management industry, particularly trends impacting the fund management sector and the players involved, product innovation, the local and global competitive landscape, as well as evaluations of the investment management characteristics and processes among competitor funds, ESG practices and illiquid strategies (real estate, loan funds, etc.)
- Helping determine Candriam’s commercial policy among a variety of marketing strategies: marketplace-clients/products/pricing/promotion
- Producing analyses supporting new strategy proposals and investment product & solutions development: competitive positioning, pricing, etc.
- You will report directly to the Head of Market Intelligence & Product Strategy based in Brussels.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Holder of a post-graduate diploma in finance
- Experience (4 - 7 years) in fixed-income asset management: as a market intelligence analyst or in another role focusing on product strategy
- In-depth knowledge of the asset management industry / clientele & products segment
- Knowledge of investment processes & risks
- Fluent spoken and written English and French; other languages are also an asset
- Proficient in Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Morningstar and Bloomberg
- Knowledge of Broadridge (GMI Fund, GMI Instit), eVestment, Preqin is also an asset
- Knowledge of VBA, PowerBI, Python is also an asset
- Positive highly work-focussed attitude
- Analytical capacity and synopsis skills, innovative and thought-provoking
- Capacity to deliver presentations concisely and convincingly