Credit Restructuring Officer
- Liège, Walloon Region, Belgium Liège Walloon Region BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Credit Restructuring Officer
CREDIT RESTRUCTURING OFFICER
Unlimited term contract, 100% working hours, locations: Brussels - Wallonia
Your role & working environment
You will manage the credit and risk-related aspects of a portfolio of Retail and Midcorp (potential) problem cases. You will restructure debtors' loan packages and/or activities to normalize the credit relationship as well as to limit the bank's exposure.
Together with your colleague, you will report to the Credit Restructuring Manager for Brussels and Wallonia, who in turn reports to the Head of Restructuring and Recovery Belux (Senior Management).
Your main responsibilities
As a first point of contact, you will be in charge of strategic relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders .
- You will negotiate the refinancing/restructuring of the credit cases with all concerned stakeholders (clients, other banks or (government) institutions, lawyers, court-appointed solicitors, accountants etc.) either in writing, by telephone or in person. You will also participate other relevant meetings.
- You will work together closely with representatives from CRU National to maintain uniformity in terms of approach and policies, and you will coordinate your actions with CRU representatives from other ING entities (ING Lease, ING Comfin etc.)
- You will obtain information from (if necessary or useful) and provide information to the relevant commercial managers and/or Relationship Managers.
You will analyse and assess (potential) problem loans and advise the authorised decision makers
- You will analyze credit cases from a risk point of view, and you will evaluate the options going forward.
- You will check the completeness of cases, both in terms of their contractual position and securities, and you will take the necessary action to resolve any loopholes.
You will monitor ongoing problem loans and take care of Risk Management for the cases in the portfolio.
- You will manage and provide guidance on problem loans.
- You will produce funded proposals for provisioning in general, and you will take local responsibility for the provisioning process of problem loans and the regular performance of risk and compliance assessments on the portfolio.
- You will monitor compliance with procedures in relation to reporting and case management, and you will prepare the quarterly Restructuring committees at which the cases are reviewed.
What we are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking something on and making it happen, an enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being one step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens to and invests in others to realise common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Credit Restructuring Officer, you should also:
- Have a Master's degree or experience to a similar level (e.g. an Applied Economics degree with legal aspects, or experience as a lawyer with an economic background);
- Have 3 to 5 years of work experience in relationship management at a financial institution, preferably in the Midcorp/Corp segment.
- Have very good knowledge of credit matters and collaterals.
- Have strong, result-focused negotiation skills, as well as the necessary assertiveness.
- Be a problem solver who dares to think out of the box, and who has the courage to act proactively based on your own convictions.
- Have good knowledge of business planning, financial and accounting aspects of business management.
- Have good knowledge of written and spoken Dutch, English and French.
Our offer to you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits including:
- Personal growth and challenging work with opportunities to realise your ambitions.
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues who support your endeavours.
- A progressive and flexible way of working, where new ideas are valued.
- training courses and workshops
- a challenging job and a steep learning curve
- personal coaching
We redefine banking. How about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay one step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!