Consultant / Senior Consultant Debt & Capital Advisory
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Consultant / Senior Consultant Debt & Capital Advisory - (1700009I)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider.
The Corporate Finance practice at Deloitte (Deloitte Financial Advisory) advises clients ranging from family-owned businesses, to multi-national corporates, private equity & their portfolio companies, creditors, shareholders and public institutions. We offer expertise in Corporate Finance Advisory, Transaction Services, Valuations, Business Modeling, Real Estate Advisory and Restructuring services. We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals, but also infrastructure and capital projects.
Deloitte Financial Advisory (FA) is a fast-paced and challenging Business Unit with both Belgian and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can adapt to a wide range of people. In return, we offer a career path that is rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's fast growing Debt & Capital Advisory team, which provides advice to corporates, private equity, real estate and infrastructure investors as well as financial institution clients.
You will work in a team that specialises in providing unique and independent debt & capital advice on the wide range of complex and strategic financing challenges our clients are facing by adding clear and measurable value during our engagements.
- Your role within this team will be to help clients achieve their funding objectives, which will incorporate a wide range of debt engagements including advice on optimal capital structures, raising acquisition or growth financing, execute refinancing processes and assist in the restructuring of existing debt facilities.
- Together with the wider team you will be directly responsible for the execution of projects collaborating with other experienced professionals of the deal team. Within multidisciplinary engagements you will take charge of Debt & Capital Advisory's contribution to the realisation of the project. You will operate pro-actively and strive towards the realization of our clients' objectives. You will contribute in an entrepreneurial way to the further roll out the Debt & Capital Advisory practice as the "go-to" trusted debt advisor for the Belgian mid-market.
- You will collaborate with professionals from other Corporate Finance service lines as well as other Business Units of Deloitte Belgium, such as Tax & Legal, Consulting, Audit & Enterprise Risk Services, and Accounting. In addition, your team will be part of an international Debt & Capital Advisory network that includes experienced and successful teams in neighbouring countries such as the Netherlands, UK, France, and Germany.
- Assist Managers and Directors in developing debt advisory business and originating deals by conducting Industry/Company/Transaction research as well as leveraging to the extent possible existing client relationships;
- Working on a wide range of debt advisory projects, focused on publicly- and privately-owned corporates and investors, with constant interaction with clients, banks and advisors;
- First line involvement in the transaction processes, including preparation of information packs, management presentations, financial analyses and client/investor communications;
- Take charge of financial modelling, including analysing business forecasts, evaluating scenario analysis and covenant calculations;
- 2 to 5 years of relevant (transactional) experience gained within the Belgian or international banking or investment industry with exposure to leveraged finance, structured finance, financial restructuring or direct lending;
- Strong analytical & technical skills (incl. financial modeling), result-oriented, with attention to detail and quality when delivering results;
- Self-starter with a commercial mindset and good understanding of the financial markets and debt-related products;
- Capable of identifying the needs of the customer, also outside the context of the engagement;
- Dedicated team player;
- Ambitious, independent, thorough and able to deliver under time pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English;
- A high performance Corporate Finance team of 80 Consultants and Partners;
- A company, deeply committed to your personal development, with clear career growth opportunities and continuous learning programs;
- The possibility to quickly develop your leadership skills, in addition to be given the opportunity to coach and develop your colleagues;
- Great team spirit and ambitious, highly educated colleagues, often working in multidisciplinary and international teams;
- Projects where you have a genuine impact in a client situation, in project delivery as well as in business development;
- An attractive remuneration package with fringe benefits, in line with your experience and capabilities;
- Work in the new Deloitte HQ, based on the Brussels' airport (Zaventem) runway. Facilitation of flexible way of working, through fourteen regional offices and opportunities for working from home.