EU POLICY CONSULTANT
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
EU POLICY CONSULTANT - (170000R9)
Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record in policy analysis and evaluation at EU level in a series of various policy areas. We are a recognised leader in advising the European Commission and other EU institutions. Our multi-disciplinary competencies within Deloitte - and our global presence - allow us to address policy issues from every angle (policy, legal, economic and financial).
Our services are delivered by exceptional consulting professionals who are encouraged to share knowledge and insights. We have strong values recognising diversity, collaboration and the growth of the individual.
We are now looking to reinforce our EU Policy team with a:
EU POLICY CONSULTANT (M/F)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced professional with a strong record in European policy studies to strengthen our practice. We expect the successful candidate to contribute to the business development, and participate in projects from the inception phase to their final implementation and dissemination. The ideal candidate will have the skills, knowledge, experience and EU policy background to win contracts and deliver projects with full client satisfaction and profitability.
You will join our multinational EU Policy team based in Brussels, to play an active role in our projects covering different policy domains.
The function will offer opportunities for career development as our activities are expanding. According to your background and experience, you will:
- Contribute to study proposals for the European Commission and other clients;
- Develop a strong network with EU officials and other stakeholders;
- Work on projects requiring research, analysis and report writing (e.g. policy studies, evaluation, impact assessment, etc.).
- Present conclusions and recommendations based on evidence from data collection and analysis.
- You have at least 2 years Consulting experience;
- You hold a university degree and preferably also a relevant Masters/postgraduate degree;
- You have strong experience working on EU policy, in areas such as employment and social affairs, mobility, energy, research and innovation, information and communication, digital, entrepreneurship, SMEs, etc.;
- Expertise in strategic policy studies, impact assessment and evaluations is an asset;
- You have commercial flair and you are a natural team player;
- You are open-minded, creative, enthusiastic and flexible;
- In-depth knowledge of the European institutions and their systems is essential;
- You have excellent communication skills and communicate fluently in English (spoken and written). Knowledge of additional EU languages is an advantage.
- A stimulating work environment where personal growth and development are encouraged;
- Diversity in project engagements;
- A substantial investment in training and coaching;
- The opportunity to take part in shaping your company;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits;
- The opportunity to work on national or international projects;
- Challenging career opportunities.