(Senior) Manager Mergers and Acquisitions Tax
- Zaventem, Flemish Region, Belgium Zaventem Flemish Region BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
(Senior) Manager Mergers and Acquisitions Tax - (170000O7)
What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
The M&A tax team is part of Deloitte's Global Business Tax group and is focused on rendering quality tax advice on inbound and outbound M&A transactions, refinancing and capital markets transactions and restructurings. The M&A tax team closely collaborates with the Financial Advisory, Consulting and other Deloitte (tax) teams to help private equity and strategic clients in delivering a successful transaction.
Services of the M&A tax team include; (vendor) tax due diligence, designing and implementing acquisition structures, modelling of cash tax liabilities and the effective tax rate, preparing funds flow documents, advising on tax implications of post-merger integration plans, and advising on management equity and incentive plans, hereby always taking into consideration the overall context of the transaction.
Work you'll do
· You'll manage and coordinate the client service team working on Belgian and international M&A tax projects;
· Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· You'll work together with other M&A experts from our audit, financial advisory and consulting teams;
· Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
· You'll develop commercial relationships with clients and identify business opportunities;
· Render hands-on and pragmatic advice;
· You gained 5 years (or more) of working experience as an internal or external tax advisor in a consulting or a law firm, corporate group or similar environment;
· You have a working knowledge of (tax) M&A processes;
· You have strong communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
· You have the ability to work both independently and in team;
· You have the ability to create relationships, both with client and within Deloitte;
· You have the ability to plan and deliver work against (sometimes tight) deadlines;
· You are interested in the finance and accounting side of the M&A process
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
· Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
· Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
What's in it for you?
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You'll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and many unique learning opportunities are offered. You'll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.