- São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 17
Location: São Paulo, Sao Paulo, BrazilThe successful candidate will support the rating activities over a portfolio of Latin American banking and other financial institution issuers, focused mainly on Brazil. Responsibilities include assessment of creditworthiness of issuers, based on application of Moody's methodologies, financial statement analysis, verification and performance of accounting adjustments, monitoring of micro and macroeconomic trends, monitoring developments in the financial markets, analyzing credit quality using quantitative methods and qualitative judgment, and accumulating in-depth knowledge of the banking and finance sector in Latin America. The Associate Analyst will support individual credits and will have be responsible for providing ongoing monitoring of evolving credit issues, supporting lead analysts. Expected analytic work product includes verification of financial models, generation and synthesis of graphs, tables, ratios and other data to support rating rationales.
The individual will be expected to contribute to high quality market oriented research on credit developments relevant to the sector and other ad hoc projects as defined by managers and lead analysts in the Ratings and Research team. The individual will be responsible for internal presentations, communications with and management of relationships with external parties. Some travel should be expected.
The Associate Analyst will have some mentoring/training responsibilities and will also be expected to manage his/her own workflow.
Department/Team: Public, Project, and Infrastructure Finance (PPIF)
- Experienced banking credit analyst or professional with 3-5 years in a related industry.
- Strong financial and quantitative technical skills are essential, notably an evidenced ability to interpret financial statements; working with financial models, calculating credit ratios; and performing trend analysis.
- Experience in analyzing audited financial statements. Proven experience and knowledge of Brazil banking and finance sector accounting is a strong advantage .
- Candidate possesses a B.A. / B.S. degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Holding professional certifications such as CPA or CFA, or working towards them, is an advantage.
- Familiarity with legal documentation such as debt prospectuses and loan agreements is required
- Knowledge of financial modeling, financial statement analysis, economics and statistics.
- Strong research, organizational communication, and written skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work collaboratively within a team.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly organized and efficient. Ability to report to different people in a timely and efficient fashion is a must.
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of Bloomberg is required
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required. Working proficiency in Spanish is desirable.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.