- São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 1, Public Finance
Location: São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil***If you wish to be considered for this position it is required that you submit your resume both in English and Portuguese.
The successful candidate will support the rating activities over a portfolio of Latin American public, project, and infrastructure finance issuers, focused mainly on Brazil. Responsibilities include financial statement analysis, projection modelling, verification and performance of accounting adjustments, monitoring of micro and macroeconomic trends, monitoring developments in the financial markets, analyzing credit quality using quantitative methods and qualitative judgment, and accumulating in-depth knowledge of the infrastructure sector in Latin America. The Associate Analyst 1 will support individual credits and will take strong responsibilities in order to evolve in monitoring a portfolio of public finance entities. This is a position that requires strong accounting and financial modelling skills.
The individual will be expected to contribute to high quality market oriented research on credit developments relevant to Brazilian public, project, and infrastructure finance and participate in international projects as necessary. Some travel should be expected.
The position will also:
- Prepare financial projection models for a variety of sectors, mainly publicly-owned utilities and project finance
- Undertake fundamental economic research and quantitative analysis related to public, project, and infrastructure finance entities in Brazil
- Prepare economic and financial spreadsheets
- Will verify and perform standard accounting adjustments to financial statements of Latin American issuers, with a focus on Brazil
- Create graphs, tables, spreadsheets and presentations, collecting and presenting data and comparative statistics, formulating ratios, preparing and retaining documentation, as directed
- Support analysts in monitoring a portfolio of public, project, and infrastructure finance , forecasting financial trends and monitoring economic, fiscal and political developments
- Support analysts in individual credits
- Assist rating analysts with ongoing and ad hoc projects
Public, Project, and Infrastructure Finance (PPIF)
- 3 to 6 years of work experience in project or infrastructure finance, credit risk analysis or other area of finance
- Experience in analyzing audited financial statements and different GAAPs is required. Proven experience and knowledge of Brazil corporate and public sector accounting is a strong advantage
- Strong financial projection modelling skills are a requirement
- Candidate possesses a B.A. / B.S. degree in Economics, Finance, or related field. Holding professional certifications such as CPA or CFA, or working towards them, is an advantage
- Familiarity with legal documentation such as debt prospectuses and loan agreements is required
- Strong research, organizational communication, and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work collaboratively within a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient. Ability to report to different people in a timely and efficient fashion is a must
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of Bloomberg is required
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required. Working proficiency in Spanish is desirable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.