- São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18
Associate Analyst 3, Structured Finance
Location: São Paulo, Sao Paulo, BrazilThe successful candidate will join our Structured Finance Group (SFG) team in Sao Paulo, which is responsible for rating and monitoring Brazilian structured finance transactions.
The Associate Analyst will provide assistance to senior analysts in our Sao Paulo office and to the Team Manager.
Responsibilities include monitoring performance of structured finance transactions, micro and macroeconomic trends affecting the structured finance market in Brazil. Analysis of deal structures, historical performance data, legal documentation and cash flows with supervision of senior analysts. Perform operational reviews of originators and servicers and writing timely, accurate and insightful press releases and transaction reports. Support senior analysts on internal operational procedures regarding the transaction rating process.
The individual is also expected to complete various special research projects, assist in the publishing of timely and in-depth research reports and interact effectively with market participants.
Research & Ratings
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics, with at least 3 years finance-related analytical experience.
- Experience within securitization or with a mortgage/consumer lending institution would be beneficial.
- Strong academic record (both graduate and undergraduate)
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills in both English and Portuguese. Spanish is a plus.
- Strong research skills
- Solid computer spreadsheet software skills mandatory, additional database programs or statistical packages strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, financial/bond markets and cash flow modeling preferred, and programming experience (VBA) a strong positive.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize work in a team environment
- Ability to work closely with others, and also independently managing own workflow/priorities
- Ability to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; keen attention to detail.
- International experience gained through study abroad or through employment would be an asset.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.