Credit Research Analyst, Lat Am
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a Credit Research Analyst to work in our Sao Paulo office. This analyst would cover Investment Grade and High Yield subsectors as a generalist. Credit Research Analysts analyze various industries and the companies within them and make investment recommendations to PIMCO's portfolio managers located in all of our global offices. They also provide analytical support for the firm's portfolio managers by highlighting risks and making investment recommendations on specific companies.
- Provide fundamental and relative value research on existing holdings and generate credit driven investment ideas specific to the sector.
- Proactively communicate investment ideas by initiating discussions with portfolio managers and participating in group meetings.
- Understanding the macro/regional environment and having the ability to translate that into your model assumptions
- Support our global desks on LatAm specific developments
- Produce written reports such as company evaluations and quarterly updates, relative value analyses, and industry reviews.
- Respond to portfolio manager inquiries regarding credit concerns, market overviews, and sector changes
- Interaction with clients or client service professionals.
- Must have minimum of 2 years work experience in the area of credit/equities research, either on the buy or sell side, hedge funds, investment banking or DCM.
- Knowledge of local markets and companies
- Progress towards MBA degree or CFA and relevant investment experience
- Strong financial modeling experience REQUIRED
- Prior experience in either high yield or investment grade preferred
- Ability to contribute to first-hand corporate analysis, including on-site visits, financial modeling, and relative value analysis. Proven ability to make judgments regarding credit, risk, and valuation.
- Proactive in contributing to successful investment ideas.
- Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities.
- Values seeing one's investment ideas added to investment portfolios and enjoys credit analysis as a long-term career.
- Strong academic credentials and achievement
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others on the credit research team.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office