Senior Systems Engineer
FactSet's Enterprise Hosting is a best of breed hosted infrastructure and managed solution for FactSet's single and multi-tenant Applications & Services in the Portfolio Lifecycle. The systems engineer for Enterprise Hosting will provide high level technical support to client infrastructure. This person will be responsible for aiding in the implementation of new hosting environments and provide ongoing monitoring and support to hosted clients. We are looking for a dedicated, service oriented Application/Technical Support Engineer to provide a high level of customer service. The Systems Engineer will work closely with the various teams throughout the company, including R&D, Managed Services, IT Operations and Professional Services. Responsibilities:
- Design, build and support enterprise hosted infrastructure and platforms on VMWare Virtual Infrastructure and public cloud technologies
- Provide application configuration at time of implementation or migrations, ongoing monitoring and change management support
- Develop and implement automation processes for hosted infrastructure
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve escalated client issues to ensure application fully satisfies customers in terms of data integrity, application expectations and other factors per customer requirements
- Work closely with development, account management, support and other internal parties to facilitate issue resolution and change.
- Monitor and improve infrastructure for hosting services
- Participate in the research and documentation of processes, including new procedure manual documentation, implementation, and updates.
- Contribute significantly to enterprise architecture strategy, roadmap and standards.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience designing, deploying and supporting Windows or Unix environments in Virtual and Physical infrastructure
- Experience with scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Python), working with CI/DI, Terraform, Ansible.
- Capability to work on multiple tasks with shifting and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to communicate with developers, and other disciplines of systems administration
- Periodic 24x7 on-call availability
- Experience with any of the following: VMWare vSphere 6.5, vRealize Operations, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, Private Cloud, Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with any of the following Operating system technologies: Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, and Windows Active Directory or Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Linux equivalent
- Experience with Managed Code such as Powershell, Python, C#, bash or other scripting languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-disciplined and highly motivated