Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Salary + Bonus
- Phnom Penh, Krong Phnum Penh, Cambodia
- Permanent, Full time
- 31 Oct 17 2017-10-31
To support the Managing Director of Corporate Planning and Strategy Development in facilitating overall business strategy development to support the NAGA Group’s business growth and ensuring that the portfolio of businesses of the Group enjoys optimum / highest level of returns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The position will be required to direct and guide a team of business analysts in the operational, financial and strategic analysis of new and existing business opportunities and projects. The Director’s role and responsibilities also include project management tasks like project planning, budget tracking, and resource planning.
- The Director represents the needs of the various functional areas of a company. The responsibilities includes performing business analysis tasks like analysis and documentation of business requirements and coordination of development efforts, maintaining knowledge of current tools, technology and methodologies, executing data collection and interpretation and providing analytical customer insights and expert advice. Being accountable for customer centric analyses to support customer strategies and business needs also falls under the purview of the Director. The position will be required to use business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest area and methods of improving operations. Implements and oversees the analytical approaches and methodologies. Presents insight and recommendations to management for decision making and strategic planning. Controls and develops internal/external information sources for business analysis.
- Assist the Managing Director of Corporate Planning & Strategy Development in the facilitation NAGA Group’s strategic planning & budget processes and ensure that agreed strategies and budgets are executed in alignment with desired corporate objectives.
- In addition, the position may be required to undertake specific projects from time to time for business improvement and transformation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, Plan and Deliver Programs and Services
- To establish key sources of data and information for data collation, directs and guides the team to undertake analysis and develop insights as well as drawing out the strategic issues and implications of industry developments for enhancing the Group’s knowledge
- Maintain and update Information in the collation of industry & customer information;
- Analyze data and produce insights on Industry trends, new market developments & innovations and competitor activities;
- Produce reports to management and internal stakeholders on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Assist the facilitation of the strategy making process and strategy workshops (when required)
- Direct and lead the team of business analyst to conduct analysis on financials (Revenue and Cost) to drive efficiencies and optimization:
- Consolidating the data for budget analysis and also providing an overview of the financial status of all the operations
- Analyzing actual results to budgets and forecasts
- Work closely with relevant heads of other departments to identify discrepancies that occurred in the budget and submit budget analysis reports to the higher management for further scrutiny and approval in accordance with the approved policy
- To direct and lead the team of business analyst to support Project Management initiatives:
- To undertake forecasting and projections and scenario/economic modelling in order to enhance business analysis and facilitate strategy
- Assisting in projecting future financial needs, taking into considerations the various projects undertaken by the organizations and also help the management in conducting cost benefit analysis, financial modelling, studying financial requests and also researching on alternative and reasonable funding methods for the organization
- Preparation and presentation of relevant reports and papers for submission to NAGA management and Board
- Effectively network to maintain excellent relationships with relevant industry and subject matter experts for access to business information in a timely manner
- Participate or support other corporate projects and initiatives as and when required
- Undertake focus research on specific subject matter and provide analysis and insights as and when required by management
- Support business units in terms of information requirement.
- Degrees in Economics, Business or Finance from a recognized institution
- Min 8-10 years’ experience of relevant finance, commercial, research and strategic / corporate planning experience. Experience in the gaming or related industry function is advantageous. Min 3-5 years supervisory experience is required.
- Familiar with Corporate Planning & Budgeting process
- Familiar with Financial Reporting & P&L Analysis
- Able to develop business case & financial modelling
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company to drive results, unify diverse interests and lead constructive dialogue with a team-oriented focus to obtain optimal results with uncompromising integrity and unwavering ethics
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and prioritize multiple projects and a heavy workload simultaneously and resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Excellent writing, oral communication and presentation skills essential
- Detail oriented and attentive to precision, thoroughness and quality of work with the ability to work in a systematic and methodical manner to ensure that errors are minimized
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Proactive, results oriented, self-driven and able to take initiative in identifying and solving problems constructively
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and interact comfortably at all levels within an organization
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; be flexible and willing to adapt to and drive change