Petroleum Engineer - Software Product Owner
A Product Owner at IHS Markit is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team. This fast-paced job requires someone who is:
- A leader
- Maintains a competitive rate of progress
- Clear communicator but even better listener
- High standards when determining whether work should be accepted or rejected
- Flexible discussing solutions with development
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop/sharpen expertise in an area of petroleum engineering where software development is needed.
- Transforming client requests and other business requirements into technical requirements that can be implemented by the software development team.
- Sets the scope of the development, prioritizes work, and sets criteria for accepting or rejecting work.
- Involved on a daily basis with clarifying work requests, overcoming design obstacles, and making informed decisions in a timely fashion.
Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Engineering, or Computer Science, or Science. Strong industry background is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a petroleum engineering field
- Involvement in software development is an asset
- Takes initiative and follows through with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, solve problems and make decisions
- Collaborative and consensus building work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.