Market Growth & Development Consultant/ Consultant en croissance de marché et développement
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo International
- 23 Jan 18 2018-01-23
The market growth & development consultant will be responsible for analytics, databases and systems spanning across both the Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) and Pricing team. Le consultant en croissance de marché et développement sera responsable pour les analyses, les bases de données et les systèmes de l’équipe d’Efficacité des Forces de Vente (EFV) ainsi que pour l’équipe de tarification.
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of financing solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates in 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance Company (WFEFC) is a US Bank-owned leasing/finance company offering financing to businesses for their equipment acquisitions. WFEFC offers leasing and financing directly to businesses for their equipment acquisitions and/or develops programs with manufacturers and distributors to facilitate their equipment sales.
The market growth & development consultant will be responsible for analytics, databases and systems spanning across both the Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) and Pricing team. Primary responsibilities will include setting up efficient databases and processes for efficient production reporting and commercial metrics as well as implementing on demand solutions such as Qlikview. With a foot in both the SFE and Pricing worlds, the consultant will be challenged to build connections between the two and leverage all available datasets to provide insights to the business combining strong financials and commercial acumen. The consultant will also have functional ownership over systems such as SUM (CRM), Supertrump (Pricing engine) and Daily Margin (production reporting engine), providing thought leadership on required improvements and working with the technology team on requirements, testing and deployment calendars.
- Build next generation reporting tools for Pricing and SFE teams, including the databases that support them
- Provide weekly volume and profitability reporting
- Lead the team’s BI tool transition : create new dashboards in Qlikview for commercial and functional staff, migrate existing Spotfire dashboards, support other team members in their own developments
- Cross functional point of coordination for system enhancements : collaborate with the technology team on planning, prioritizing, creating requirements and coordinating upgrades across teams for SUM, Daily Margin and SuperTrump
- Work with US lines of business on common production reporting environment, harmonizing profitability calculations and volume recognition policy along the way
- Participate in team efforts around ledger conversions in 2018 (PMS to InfoLease) and CRM conversions in the future
- Participate in strategic planning and reevaluate pricing models or assumptions as needed
- Lead ad-hoc projects in areas such as business integration, go to market strategy, systems and reporting, across WFEF Canada and North America
- Identify areas of improvement and lead the changes
- Coach and guide junior team members or interns
5+ years of experience in a financial/technology/commercial environment
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience in the commercial financial or banking industries
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; process-oriented, with strong attention to detail
Strong oral and written communication skills
Proactive, independent worker with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
Ability to work within cross-functional teams and interact with other groups to achieve company and Pricing department objectives
This position can be based in Mississauga, Ontario or Montreal, Quebec.
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion or any other status protected by applicable legislation, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.