Senior Underwriter, Credit (26397BR)
- Mississauga, ON, Canada Mississauga ON CA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 27 Apr 18 2018-04-27
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of financing solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates in 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto. Equipment Finance is a provider of commercial/corporate leasing and financing products. Equipment Finance reaches small, middle-market and large corporate companies with equipment needs and provides term loans, equipment leases, vendor finance programs and manufacturer finance programs.
- Analyze complex financial and credit information for commercial retail and inventory finance customers according to business unit standards and prepare credit reports and pitches for management
- Compile, analyze, and document loan/lease data and credit risk, borrower and asset/collateral information
- Perform research and analysis related to loan projects, such as industry studies and management reports
- Monitor in-place lines of credit on an ongoing basis
- Assist in portfolio management including reviewing credit amendments, waiver requests and documentation modifications
- May negotiate loan/lease provisions and loan/lease documents and may mentor or review analysis of less experienced underwriters
- Approve transactions within delegated credit authority and make well supported recommendations for transactions which exceed delegated authority
- Operate in a regulated environment and adhere to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce
- Minimum of 6+ years of related experience in underwriting mid-market credit requests
- Good understanding of financial statements and adept at financial analysis including familiarity with combinations, consolidations and cash flow
- Ability to identify risks both financial, structural, documentation and industry related and ability to identify and recommend risk mitigates
- Possess fundamental knowledge of corporate legal structures, security requirements, and security perfection including familiarity with PPSA. Familiarity with loans, leases (lease purchase, true leases) and conditional sales
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail, and recognize the importance of data integrity, proper client on-boarding and adherence to credit policy and compliance.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), tact and the ability to create win-win scenarios for customers and Wells Fargo.
- MBA, CFA or CPA an asset
- Preferably familiar with the construction, transportation, energy and manufacturing industries and associated equipment.
- Managed a credit authority in prior credit roles
- Basic knowledge of written French and ability to understand French financial statements would be an asset
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion or any other status protected by applicable legislation, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.