- Montreal, QC, Canada Montreal QC CA
- Permanent, Full time
- Rio Tinto
- 11 Jul 18 2018-07-11
- Great opportunity to work for a pioneering organisation at the forefront of mining.
- We offer competitive compensation, paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements.
About the role
We are looking for a Corporate Controller/ Advisor Controllership, whose main accountability will be to provide business timely and accurate financial statements and analysis in accordance with the IFRS and Rio Tinto policies.
This position is an excellent opportunity to join the regional team based in Montreal. This dynamic team is responsible to deliver optimal controllership support to Product Groups and all Business Units. Working in a collaborative environment the team is responsible for coordinating and ensuring a high quality of all accounting, financial reporting, technical support and compliance services are delivered to all Business Units. Working on 5 days on, 2 days off roster, you will report to the Manager Controllership and you will have the following duties:
- Ensure compliance with adequate internal controls, SOX standard and Rio Tinto’s accounting policies
- Provide analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial results that will serve for external and management reporting
- Partner with the Business Services & Support team to enhance financial services provided to the BU
- Manage requests to/from various stakeholders
- Provide the required information for internal & external audits
- Solve problems using defined procedures and to recommend solutions.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
- Accounting certification CPA or equivalent
- Bilingual English/French
- Knowledge of SAP and advanced Excel skills
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) skills would be an asset
- Very good business acumen and ability to interact effectively with colleagues
- Proactive and the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Good team player skills
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. We’ve led the industry in partnerships, with customers in new markets, and with local communities.
We’ve pioneered technological innovations, such as our Mine of the Future™ programme and our low-CO2 aluminium from hydropower. And we’ve paved the way in areas such as safety, tax transparency and legacy management.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
If you’re interested in launching your career with us, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Apply today if you want to work in a dynamic team, in an environment where we challenge you to bring about positive changes.
Please note that we have multiple vacancies available in Finance / Accounting so do not hesitate to visit our website to see all our job opportunities.