Sr. Java Architect
- VERY COMPETITIVE
- Montreal, QC, Canada Montreal QC CA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hamlyn Williams
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? If you are a Senior Java Architect you know your way around Spring, REST, CD/CI and you have a solid understanding of Cloud Platforms, we want to meet you.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Translate functional specifications and work items into logical, component-based technical designs;
- Work with Program Managers, Test Engineers and Operations to design, develop, test and deploy world-class software;
- Develop solutions ensuring adherence to the engineering process. Propose improvements in design and process;
- System architecture and general database software development;
- Become an expert for the scope of the project and the focal point, for both the customer and remote team, for the technical aspects of the project and general execution and delivery inquiries;
- Work hand in hand with Globant's Technical Leader and Project Manager to guarantee alignment of project goals and client expectations.
- Act as a bridge between Expedia and remote team to improve communication for everything related to project execution and delivery including but not limited to risks, roadmaps, feature definition, scope, technical questions, support in general, meetings, methodology;
- Act as a Globant ambassador within the customer.
- Timely detect and communicate risks and opportunities to Globant managers and proactively help to address them.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Minimum of 8 years as a software developer using Java
- Experience in relational DB development (data modeling, SQL, stored procs)
- Experience developing web services (REST preferred over SOAP)
- Strong knowledge of various Java technologies stacks (Java 8, Spring, Springboot, AWS, etc)
- Ability to adapt to technological and business changes, strong learning skill