The Principal, Research & Risk, is responsible for diverse research and development activities primarily for the purpose of developing and distributing production grade valuation models used for risk measurement, the calculation of daily P&L as well as trade support and analysis. Products span a vast range including FX, Interest Rate, Equity, Credit, Weather and Insurance derivatives. Working in the Model Development Group requires a high degree of ingenuity, perseverance and commitment to excellence. Members of the team are supported by senior team members to develop their skills and knowledge but high levels of initiative and creativity are expected.
Who you'll work with
You will work collaboratively with other highly educated and quantitative individuals within Strategy & Risk and Investments as well as partner with IT, Operations and the Model Validation Group to ensure model integration and validation are completed in a timely manner.
What you'll do
- Research, develop and implement derivative models and financial utilities.
- Understand and integrate models into a variety of platforms. Knowledge of C#, C++, Python, Matlab, VBA and the ability to learn new languages and applications is required.
- Write detailed professional documentation of methodology, validation testing and data specifications used by model.
- Manage a code library - including version control and regression testing.
- Automate testing harnesses for risk model and valuation models.
- Support the building phase of the group’s internal Valuation & Trading Analytics tool and the on-going internal steady state maintenance of the tool.
What we're offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage, including a Health Spending Account
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
How to apply
- Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
- You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded interview as part of the recruitment process. This will take no longer than 10 minutes.
- We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.