Account Manager - Business Architecture
This position is part of Account Management team that liaises with Finance, Tax and Treasury stakeholders to understand their business vision, objectives and enables them to achieve their goals through effective use of technology. The account manager leads the development of multi-year plan and technology strategy, for supporting business team and builds exceptional relationships with business partners and T&O colleagues. The AM ensures the business needs are well understood and are consistent with bigger picture - overall strategy and roadmap and provides thought leadership prior to evolved ideas, promotes new processes and methodologies, including emerging technologies. Key Accountabilities
Qualifications Core Knowledge and skills Must-have
- Develop strategic plan and associated roadmaps for the capabilities assigned, ensuring they align with the broader business architecture vision
- Define and maintain business architecture artifacts for supporting project delivery and application support
- Proactively identify areas and opportunities where business architecture can enhance business efficiency and drive the initiatives from idea to solution with stakeholders
- For the capabilities assigned, as part of the change management, use forward thinking and identify impacts of an initiative on an individual business, by determining needs/ requirements/ priorities and defining options and achieving consensus on approaches
- Describe the primary business functions and decompose into capabilities and processes, and capture role and system relationships
- Drive the successful documentation of assigned key business capabilities and underlying business model, keep them current as capabilities evolve, and act as an advocate
- Adhere to enterprise frameworks or methodologies that relate to business architecture activities within the business area
- Be the point of contact for the business and various business partners, like Project Delivery, Technology Delivery, Intake Requests, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for intake requests from supporting business, ensure they are complete and ready to be presented for gating decisions
- Stays abreast of large programs across the bank, being able to relate the impacts to Finance and trigger necessary conversations for necessary action
- Facilitating workshops and discussions across various levels of the Business, IT organization, and software solution providers
- 8+ years of experience in business architecture related discipline, assess and develop business capabilities using technology solutions
- Solid understanding of Finance function, preferably in a large financial institution
- Experience managing small team in an agile environment
- Able to present and communicate at all levels within IT and across business units, including executive communication
- Ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience modeling business value streams using a variety of tools and techniques
- Ability to challenge; understanding how to impact and influence.
- University degree in Finance or Computer Science or equivalent is required
We're here to help
- Good knowledge of financial regulatory landscape and associated reporting requirements - e.g. OSFI, Statscan, CRA, Bank of Canada
- Strong Accounting knowledge would be an asset
- CPA, CMA and/or consulting experience an asset
- Business Architecture certificate
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.