- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We are currently looking for qualified candidates to join our winning team.
This role has the primary responsibility of ensuring efficient and effective accounting for the Franklin Templeton legal entities in Canada, in an accurate and timely manner. In addition, this role also has the responsibility to ensure that the Franklin Templeton legal entities' financial records are in compliance with applicable GAAP, respective local regulatory requirements, internal control requirements, as well as the company's Finance policies and procedures. The incumbent is also required to assist in preparing various ad-hoc reports and conducting financial analysis on Franklin Templeton legal entities.
- Records general ledger transactions and performs monthly accounting close procedures for Franklin Templeton's Canadian legal entities. Liaises with various internal/external groups to complete, where applicable.
- Assists in the timely and accurate recording of monthly payroll journal entries and reconciliations to the source system (ADP).
- Works closely with Facilities and Technology departments to ensure accurate accounting for fixed assets.
- Involved in daily cash accounting activities for the Canadian business.
- Performs monthly variance analysis for P&L and balance sheet accounts, and prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned set of accounts.
- Ensure that aged items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Assist the Corporate Accounting team in streamlining internal working papers and maintaining templates used for monthly recurring reports.
- Participates in regional and/or global assignments/initiatives as well as special projects.
- Other related ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional qualification in accounting and finance.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in financial accounting, preferably with a large organization.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or equivalent professional accounting designation is preferred.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, Access, and VBA) is required.
- A continuous-improvement mindset with experience in streamlining processes.
- Mutual fund or asset management industry experience is preferred.
- Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials is an asset.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to maintain effective working relationships with staff and management throughout the global organization.
- A strong attention to detail is critical in this role.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Flexible medical, dental and vision insurance
* Corporate Pension Plan
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Purchase company funds with no sales charge
* Competitive vacation package that includes three annual personal days
* Company paid short-term and long-term Disability Insurance
* Education assistance
Franklin Templeton Investments Corp. is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.