Advisory Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID: 80888
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Summary
Working within Scotiabank's Global Capital Markets, reporting to the manager of development, the .NET developer role works closely with all team members on a customized vendor applications used to centrally manage the trade confirmation lifecycle. If you are a hands on developer that like to be involved in all aspects of the SDLC, this role is for you. The position demands a highly technical innovator, strong belief in continuous learning and growing as an individual contributor, and able to communicate clearly and easily with any stakeholder or team member. A successful candidate will value SOLID design principles, CI/CD/DevOps/cloud deployment concepts (Azure, private, or other), and agile development methodologies (scrum, Kanban, DAD).
Join our exciting development team that are all committed to delivering business critical solutions and value faster and better! Key Accountabilities
- Maintain, support, and enhance existing applications according to specifications with a high degree of quality.
- Proactively identify gaps and contribute to root-cause analysis (RCA) and permanent corrective action (PCA) of production issues.
- Perform coding, unit testing, integration testing, debugging, documenting and supports the code implementation process and scripts.
- Coordinate efforts with various business, technology, and infrastructure teams throughout the organization, to ensure the satisfaction of our stakeholders.
- Design solutions that align to the organizations strategic objectives and enterprise architecture standards.
- P rovide production support on applications with on-call responsibilities.
- C ommunicate effectively with all team and business units.
- H ave strong interpersonal skills and have a "Team First" attitude.
- Ability prioritize effectively, managing multiple and conflicting priorities.
- 7+ years of experience with Java, Oracle and Unix development
- 5+ years of experience with .NET development environment.
- Capability to rapidly learn new technologies and quickly adapt to change.
- Strong commitment to delivering quality first.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Development experience in Capital Markets an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Database, Oracle, Technology, Finance