Application Support Manager - (Data / Ab-Initio/ Hadoop / Infrastucture / Security/ Vendor Management)
The Application Support Manager is accountable for managing a small to medium application support group for the analysis, support, and maintenance of internal finance systems. The Application Support Manager acts as a referral point and leads the technical support team in providing solutions to complex technical issues. ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Coordinates support team activities for multiple initiatives to meet application support objectives
• Coordinates in meeting Business SLA's for different applications.
• Leads problem resolution and recovery meetings, interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments (including LOB business partners), as appropriate, to ensure that the required activities will be performed as it relates to problem solving resolution and recovery
• Contributes to the completion of projects by positioning the team (e.g., training the team on new technology), to support the new components and technology
• Communicates critical production problem status, resolution strategies, and rationale of the resolution strategies to senior management and executives to keep them informed of critical production problems and to gain approval on operational activities
• Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to senior management and executives, from a support, performance, and technical enhancement perspective to aid decision-making with regards to improving the application support process
• Consults with third party vendors to obtain support on their product for internal problem resolution and prevention
• Provides managerial leadership to employees, which includes assigning tasks or work, holding regular two-way meetings, setting context, conducting performance evaluations, mentoring, and coaching, to create and maintain a high-performing team
• Manage and control delivery of all changes that may impact the supported systems and their processing schedule (patching, firewalls, storage, upstream/downstream applications, scheduler...)
• Leads / conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
• Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
• Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security). Qualifications KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• University degree in Computer Science or Commerce and 5-10 years of experience in finance systems development and support
• Experience in Change Management processes.
• Possesses expert understanding of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both an industry and banking perspective.
• Demonstrates advanced understanding of established ITIL and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) processes
• Demonstrates advanced understanding of established Technology Life-Cycle Management (TLCM) methodologies
• Exhibits solid understanding of benefits and risks of relevant technologies and an awareness of emerging technologies
• Project management experience is considered an asset
• Technology to support: Ab-Initio, Linux, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Databases, IIS, WebLogic, Firewalls, SAN, Switches, ESP, Hadoop, SSIS, Python , OpenShift Containers
• Demonstrates solid communication skills, both written and verbal
• Exhibits solid leadership/people management skills
The working environment provides minimal exposure to discomfort or risk to safety. This job requires work to be performed during off hours for on-call support, implementation, and Disaster Recovery exercises. The job incumbent could experience high stress, particular during critical production problems. LOCATION:
120 Bloor St. E. (Bloor & Church area) We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.