Application Support Specialist - DevOps
What is the opportunity?
The Equity Derivatives Technology Production Services team is seeking a seasoned Support Specialist to help support a suite of applications used for:
- Trading and risk management
- Pricing and scenario analysis
- Structuring and trade capture
- Market access and execution
- Sales and Trading workflow automation
We support a fast-paced business with rapidly evolving needs and requirements. Your ability to take ownership of requests and issue resolution, combined with a natural sense of curiosity and pride in a job well done, will help you to succeed in this role. Time allocation:
50% Application support
25% DevOps related work
25% working with development team on platform improvements. What will you do?
- Proactively monitor the health of our production environment, ensuring maximum system availability and platform stability.
- Address issues and concerns from our Trading, Sales, Structuring, Operations, Risk and Compliance users.
- Actively collaborate with our development teams and vendors to resolve production issues and improve our platform.
- Support the integration of new releases, bug fixes, patches and configurations into production, including post-release checks and verification.
- Work closely with developers on continuous delivery solutions.
- Leverage automation to improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensure compliance with technology governance and de-risking initiatives.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation (resolution procedures, operating manuals, run books).
Note: as we provide 24x7 support to a global business, this role will involve rotating on-call coverage and occasional weekend work. What do you need to succeed? Must-Have Requirements:
- 3+ years of application support experience (experience with complex / enterprise systems an asset).
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, and organization skills; Client-focused with the ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities, and handle high-visibility outage situations (this is a Front Office facing role - traders and sales are the primary user base; full equity derivatives stack)
- Good organization skills and a keen attention to detail; Strategically focused and constantly looking to improve our environment.
- Comfortable working with both Linux and Windows environments; Strong scripting/coding skills (Python/Perl preferred; other languages an asset); Solid working understanding of SQL and database concepts.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Platform-as-a-Service tools (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes); Experience with enterprise-grade monitoring tools (e.g. Geneos, Grafana).
What's in it for you?
- Capital Markets experience with knowledge of Listed Equity Derivatives and/or Equity Structured Products.
- Experience with EMS/OMS application support.
- Experience with supporting cloud services (e.g. AWS).
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- You will join a highly productive and successful team of collaborative people.
- You will be given the platform to innovate and actively drive change as we seek for continuous improvements in our levels of service.
- You will enjoy a wide variety of activities and tasks that will challenge and stretch your talents and capabilities.