- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18
Associate Analyst 2
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaProvide lead analysts in the Ratings and Research (R&R) function with holistic credit analysis of issuers - for both ratings and research. Will review work produced by AA3, and build on preliminary analysis to formulate more comprehensive credit analysis.
The AA2 role supports lead analysts in interactions with external markets, including issuers and investors. Operating as the single point of contact for (possibly multiple) lead analysts within the R&R function, the AA2 will liaise with multiple AA3 associates in varying locations.
The AA2 role provides an opportunity for the candidate to make a significant contribution towards the success of the RRS and R&R functions by providing a range of analytical support that contributes to overall credit analysis outcomes.
The AA2 role will focus primarily on one Line of Business (LOB), and there is the potential for cross-training, in supporting varying portfolios and methodologies in other LOBs, as part of career progression. The AA2 role provides a unique opportunity to develop strong analytical and professional skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
Provide analytical and research support on a portfolio of credits under the principal direction of lead analysts in the Ratings & Research function
- Provide initial review and quality assessment of work products from more junior RRS associates
- Perform holistic analysis of issuers and market and applies, withmoderate guidance, relevant Moody's methodologies
- Support lead analysts in advanced and bespoke analytical tasks, examples include:
- Analysis of debt documentation; prepare rating committee memo; drafting of issuer and sector research; preparation of materials for issuer meetings and investor briefings
- Provide credit specific nuance and identify credit issues that affect issuer ratings for discussion with lead analyst or RRS Team Manager
- Effectively and persuasively communicate credit knowledge and rating analysis rationale in both written and oral form
- Periodically accompany lead analyst to issuer and investor meetings, and may lead certain issuer discussions; supports lead analyst in ongoing interactions
- Attend/present certain sections of RC memos in certain Rating Committees (primarily for development purposes)
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed, under overall supervision of RRS manager
The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Undergraduate degree required with minimum 2 years relevant work experience.Graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred.
- Proven credit experience e.g. at a bank, corporate or investor (in related field) preferred.
- Progress towards completion of CFA preferred.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint OR Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.