Associate, OTC Derivatives Portfolio Valuations
IHS Markit Portfolio Valuations provides an independent, post-trade valuation service to buy-side institutions globally, covering vanilla and exotic OTC derivatives, cash instruments and structured notes across all asset classes. The service also offers clients the ability to receive an aggregated set of counterparty marks for their trades.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with an interest in derivative pricing to be part of a team of analysts that support the daily valuation of portfolios of positions submitted by clients.
Analysts work with clients during trials, implementation, production and challenge processing; they also oversee various data capture and review procedures in support of the global valuation business.
Duties & accountabilities
Enter a summary of the duties and responsibilities of the position here
- Organizing and running daily and monthly valuation processes for clients; this will require hands-on responsibility for some accounts
- Handling simple and complex price challenges and resolving them to the satisfaction of the client
- Building and maintaining client relationships, so that clients are aware of IHS Markit's new and existing valuation capabilities and increase their use of these services
- Contributing to the design and testing of IHS Markit's valuation systems
- Ensuring that data capture and cleaning processes are run, refined and automated
- Potential requirement for shift work ~once a week working a 12-9pm shift to support global customers and handover to India team
Education and experience
- Good degree in a quantitative discipline
- Good understanding of OTC derivative valuation in one or more asset classes
- Strong knowledge common office tools and software including Excel and VBA
- Appetite for providing services to external clients on a regular basis
- Relevant practical experience (1-2 years)
- Other programming experience in any language e.g. SQL
- Must have general understanding of financial markets, and be keen to extend knowledge of OTC derivatives across all asset classes.
- Must embrace the importance of high service levels as part of a commercial relationship
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough and able to use own initiative to solve problems.
- Must have the ability to work well in a team to ensuring that tasks are completed and issues are followed up and closed.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are essential.
- Strong skills required to be able to communicate effectively with external clients and across business units within the company. This will include email, phone and face-to-face meetings.
- Clear, structured and professional in both writing and speech.
- Must gain a clear understanding and appreciation of the other functional and regional teams in the valuation group.
- Must respect and apply the various control activities required to maintain and monitor the quality of the service.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.