Audit Manager, Credit Risk Audit (Bilingual in Spanish)
Requisition ID: 83305
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Audit Department, Credit Risk Audit Group in Canada and globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Supports a customer focused culture that deepens client relationships.
- Executes assigned areas in collaborative risk-based audits, ensuring scope and extent of work is in accordance with the approved plan; timing and budget are reasonable; procedures are efficient, and risks understood. Acts as team leader for assigned audits of low to moderate complexity. This includes:
- Holding walk-through meetings with audit clients to develop and document a thorough understanding of the business, key risks and processes for assigned projects.
- Identifying emerging issues that may impact the audit plan.
- Designing or updating audit procedures for assigned audits.
- Executes assigned audits in accordance with department standards ensuring that the nature and extent of testing are sufficient and appropriate to support the audit opinion. Adopts a continuous dialogue approach with the audit clients during the audit to build rapport and maintain a healthy working relationship with the audit clients. This includes:
- Evaluating the adequacy of system design and internal control framework in meeting business, operational and control objectives.
- Striving for efficient execution of assigned audits. The incumbent is expected to seek and obtain direction, perspective and resource support as required in order to complete the assigned audit on time and on budget.
- Identifies control weaknesses during assigned audits and develops audit findings to determine the root cause and associated impact/risk including developing practical and cost effective recommendations as to how risks can be mitigated. This includes:
- Validating the accuracy of the finding with the auditee and present issues to line management.
- Following up on assigned issues in the Issue Tracking Database for timely resolution.
- Prepares audit findings which clearly report the extent, cost and risk of error, including the impact of those issues on achievement of control objectives, operations processing, financial reporting and regulatory compliance. When in a supervisor capacity, reviews/edits reporting from team members and summarize issues in a draft audit report for review by the assignment supervisor/VP on a timely basis.
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her assigned areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
- University degree (graduate level) in degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or equivalent. Accounting designations /technical/professional qualifications (CPA/CFA, etc) an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a banking/credit/operations/audit environment. Strong knowledge of commercial corporate banking and/or credit adjudication is essential.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Audit, Credit, Risk Management, Banking, Finance, Bilingual