Primary accountabilities include:
- Consistently deliver superior client service and initiate/lead continuous improvement processes that will result in the prevention of potential problems and/or fix shortcomings within existing applications and contribute to improving service and operational excellence to our users
- Adherence to enterprise incident, problem and change management best practices and standards. This includes working with our internal and external partners to ensure root cause is identified and mitigating steps are implemented to minimize recurrence of issues
- Timely communication of incidents and work effectively with FX Support and PD team to fix them
- Accountable for communicating status updates to end users and point of contact on the back office stream
- Provide subject matter expertise and use of incident/problem management skills in the daily production support of financial platforms for any connectivity, processing or functionality issues encountered
- Take a lead role in application delivery projects and ensure that user requirements have been fulfilled prior to implementation
- Maintain clear documentation to ensure that they are reviewed and updated on a periodic basis to reflect any changes/enhancement to applications
- Assisting in performing in-depth and complex analysis of data produced for management and executive reporting.
- Assist in performing trend analysis reporting to capture and highlight repeat/common types of failures and make recommendations towards a successful execution of a permanent solution
- Ensure that application availability meets and/or exceeds user expectations by maintaining Service Level Agreements and Problem Management Agreements with internal and external service providers - escalating as required
- Support a work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork, and ensure timely communication of issues
- Ensure a clear testing strategy starting with focused unit testing, SIT, regression and UAT
- 5+ years in technology delivery is required. A very strong technical/functional BA is required to lead a very sensitive revenue generation project relying on vendor system
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record to deliver results
- Proficiency with Financial concepts, accounting and other back office modules
- Experience supporting distributed applications running on Linux and/or Windows
- Prior experience dealing with Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office and Risk Management groups
We're here to help
- Exposure to capital markets financial products (at least 5 years, preference for 8+)
- Understand FXMM financial products for pricing and analytics
- Executing queries, building Use Case Scenarios for business requests and small enhancements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Strong organizational, follow-up and priority-setting skills to handle multiple tasks/projects and to work independently
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills, combined with strong interpersonal skills will be required to work effectively while supporting other members of the team in achieving unit objectives and providing exceptional client service
- Act as a first point of contact for issues/escalations during non-business hours on the back office stream
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.