The Developer is accountable for coordinating and engaging with the various technology teams through the integration activity of the various phases including analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications to align with the business and vendor product strategy Accountabilities:
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver code to the requirements that reflect the needs of the business
- Decomposes business requirements and works with the various technology teams to translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Works with the various technology partners to ensure that high quality code is well-documented and delivered according to accepted standards based on business requirements
- Contributes to the successful completion of project deliverables
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems.
- Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems
- Looks for process improvement opportunities to increase reliability and extensibility of applications and improve overall service
- 3-5 years systems development working in various technology platforms
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements and software development control and release procedures
- Good knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Experience working on an enterprise platform with various integration points
- Experience with Vendor product integration
- Strong Experience with SQL and deep technical understanding of Data (Data Modelling and Mapping experience)
- Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Is detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications and technology platforms
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and eager to learn
Experience in working effectively with different technology and business teams
We're here to help
- Expertise in Java , Web Service ( SOA) knowledge including SOAP , JSON and REST services
- In depth knowledge of TIBCO designer
- Experience with Netezza , Hadoop and Power Designer is an asset
- Experience with mainframe systems is an asset
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket and Bamboo is preferred
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.