Digital Architect- Ventures
What is the opportunity?
The Digital Architect for Ventures will play a key role in shaping the design of future platforms used to transform the way users will think of banking. The architect will play a hands-on role in working with business partners and development teams to translate features and requirements into technical design. At times, the architect will be required to develop POCs to evaluate a technology choice and present to the product and technology teams to validate a decision. The architect will also need to understand the roadmap for the various parts of the Ventures to make informed decisions that could impact the direction of the platform and product. The architect will need a solid understanding of cloud technologies as well as how to design and develop secure solutions. The role will require someone who is flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing or new requirements introduced throughout the lifecycle as products will come and go based on user feedback. All responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Code of Conduct, RBC Values and Guiding Principles ensuring adherence to Privacy principles. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Work with technical teams and business partners/specialists within the Ventures groups to understand the current state and constraints for defining the future state architecture of the applications & related interfaces.
- Identify requirements for opportunities for consolidation of efforts and allow early assessment of potential architectural impact resulting from business investments
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to capability and product teams right from the idea creation stage, identifying also technical issues/risks and definition of mitigation approaches.
- Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints. Analyses the viability of the solution to meet product timeline, budget and quality. Present product solution to different stakeholders and certification boards, including the Architecture Review Board, as needed.
- Manage the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, opportunities to improve efficiencies and TCO.
- Review product level architectures and details designs in order to ensure compliance with the program level solution architecture and aligns with related roadmaps as applicable.
What's in it for you?
- 5+ years of Software Development experience with at least 2+ years of Architecture experience that includes experience and understanding of architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration
- Solid experience with a variety of modern technologies/approaches including Event based architecture, Cloud based deployments, REST/API first applications, mobile and web technologies
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Capability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development, T&O management, Ventures and others
- Strong analytical, consultative, and team communication / facilitative skills with solid written and verbal communication skills
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
RBCVentures VenturesTO http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services