Director Architecture Governance
Requisition ID: 81393
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The team
Global Technology Services (GTS) Architecture ensures that systems and infrastructure patterns, principals, frameworks, and standards are designed and implemented to support Scotiabank's business requirements. We supports short- and medium-term business and technology initiatives, but also focuses on the Bank's 3- to 5-year technology roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next generation technologies. We collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, other GTS teams, and business technology stakeholders, connecting subject matter experts with business, information, domain and solution architects. The team promotes global technology consistency and a set of fully aligned technical strategies, roadmaps, and designs. The role:
Reporting directly to the Vice President of GTS Architecture, you'll be responsible for leading and managing the Architecuture Governance team within the Global Technology Services (GTS) Architecture team to ensure stakeholders' strategies, plans and initiatives are architected with enterprise reusability, executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal standards, best practises, and procedures. Is this role right for you?
- You will lead, oversee, and govern the development and maintenance of the GTS Archeitural Review Board (ARB). Including but not limited too;
- Process workflow documents and engagement model
- Interview and incorporate stakeholder feedback, inc. quarterly reviews and global consistency
- Chair and ensure there is transparency and repeatability of the ARB
- You will lead, oversee, and govern the Architectual practice within GTS to ensure quality, accuracy, and currency of the standards references library, infrastructure patterns, principals, and frameworks
- Categories of coverage are aligned with Business and GTS needs
- Lead the engagement of GTS Architecture prioritization, pipeline, and planning exercises
- Work with EA, EDF, OCTO, OR and equivalent teams to ensure consistency of approach while maintaining governance requirements
- You will support the other GTS architecture teams to capture and document standards, infrastructure patterns, principals, and frameworks in a consistent and clear format
- You will ensure that there is KPI compliance reporting including;
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Monthly ARB tracker/dashboard (what has been through the ARB, ratings, dynamic links to materials, what are coming up for review.
- Tracking of any reference item that has currency associated with it (e.g. major OS release cycle obsolescence)
What's in it for you?
- You have at least 10 years of progressive working experience in governance roles or equivalent work experience
- You possess very good communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English to effectively interact with all levels of management & audiences, business and/or technical. The same in Spanish is a definite asset.
- You have a demonstrated history as a highly skilled people leader working with a technology workforce.
- You can lead highly complex initiatives that require an in depth knowledge across multiple functional areas and business segments.
- You can effectively provide a focused perspective, input, and decision-making skills in the area of architecture governance.
- You possess the ability to translate highly complex concepts for the team, peers and customers.
- You are able to lead reviews for technical platforms with the support of the GTS Architecture teams.
- You bring a detailed knowledge of, and experience working with, one or more formal Enterprise Architecture frameworks.
- Your body of work includes experience as a key partner in global technology transformation efforts, demonstrating the ability to inspire and align diverse technologists, drive efficient and effective decision-making, and to deliver and support a robust infrastructure technology governance framework.
- You have a post-secondary education in Engineering, Business, Information Systems and Sciences, Computer Science or technical equivalence.
- You will stay on the leading edge of technology governance practises and adoption as Scotiabank continues its aggressive digital transformation. The Bank will provide a dynamic, fast-paced, flexible and very progressive working environment that will allow your creativity and energy to prosper and thrive.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- Located in the heart of Toronto's financial district, the work site is located near TTC's Line 1 King subway station. This location has access to The PATH & is located minutes from GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station; as well as the TTC's King 504 streetcar line.
- Minutes from the Gardiner Expressway & the DVP.
- Located next door is The Commons, a dining space for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks. Also many food court & restaurant options in The PATH without venturing outside.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Manager, Medical, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Healthcare, Management, Finance