Director, Customer Risk Rating, AML/ATF Models & Analytics
Requisition ID: 63439
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Director, Customer Risk Rating, AML/ATF Models and Analytics is responsible for leading a team that applies sophisticated modelling techniques and latest advanced AML/ATF predictive analytical models to develop, or improve model performance for Customer Risk Rating (CRR) globally across all of Scotiabank products.
The Director will apply statistical, data mining and pattern analysis techniques to create customer risk rating (CRR) models for all Scotiabank portfolios (Retail, Corporate, GBM) across all countries. The Director will also be responsible for end to end ownership of the CRR models, including model development, deployment (in partnership with IT&S), documentation, segmentation (in-line with bank's risk appetite) and monitoring. The Director will frequently interface with regulators, auditors and model validation team for their models.This work requires keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and industry best practice as well as senior management and executive expectations.
The incumbent is expected to lead a team of quantitative risk professionals in this area. Key Accountabilities:
Experience / Education:
- Lead the application of sophisticated modeling techniques to develop and enhance predictive Customer Risk Rating models (AML) for a wide range of products across all countries in Scotiabank's global footprint
- Understanding of the latest advances in AML/ATF analytics and predictive models, including the applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Provide direction to the model development teams to scope, understand and appropriately document the models. Develop and update statistical approaches with longer term strategies to mitigate this risk and improve the model performance across products and services globally
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Oversee the team in ensuring all procedures and practices are complied with regulatory and internal requirements
- Experience with statistical modeling and data science methods
- Experience programming in statistical languages such as R, SAS. Experience with databases such as Oracle or SQL Server
- AML/ATF experience or analytic knowledge is a must
- Experience as a people manager for 3 or more years
- Master's degree or higher in science, technology, engineering or mathematics preferred.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Risk Management, Manager, Data Analyst, Banking, Finance, Management, Data