Director, Intake, Design and Development
BMO is hiring a Director, Technical Head, with a strong background in Risk and Control Testing to streamline and execute on strategic priorities that support business effectiveness, as BMO proactively adapts to an ever-changing regulatory environment.
In this role, the Director will lead the Intake, Design & Develop team; a highly specialized practice that centralizes and optimizes test programs designed to drive efficiency and streamline requests to the business. This work may involve standardizing the test program development process to expedite the roll out of strategic and regulatory testing needs.
The Technical Head will support senior leaders (managing director and above) in executing strategic priorities for the business/group. The successful incumbent will gather and integrate information to promote the effective and profitable operation of the business/group while enhancing the Bank's profile in the marketplace; Work with stakeholders to interpret financial and business results, understands the operating environment & emerging trends and provides planning, support and recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and tracks achievement of objectives; Support the effective management of risk, including operational and compliance risk and management of the attestation/reporting process specific to the business. Provide strategic counsel on community/industry events and directs and coordinates the logistics of these events. Support the development of effective, consistent communications for the business/group senior leader and for the leadership team. Accountabilities:
- High level business line and risk stripe knowledge
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals
- Intake: Assesses intake requests from the business and decides which tests should be included in the Central Testing Utility
- Design: Designs holistic test programs based on test objectives from the business
- Develop: Develops test scripts and partners with Accelerator team for technology-enabled testing
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Leads the development of priorities, current, and planned initiatives, and support requirements related to strategic management for the business/group.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives, leading the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behavior
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Ensures the effective planning and control of unit operating expenses in accordance with business forecasts to ensure spending is maintained within budget.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
We're here to help
- Experience and expertise in test design, the development of test scripts, and data gathering
- 8-10 years in Risk and Control Testing functions
- Industry controls accreditation which could include CIA, CPA, CISSP, CISA, CFE
- System knowledge on managing workflow and documents to manage and update test inventory
- Technical leadership viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Expert verbal & written communication skills
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Strong expertise in data driven decision making
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network- building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.