Director, Platform Reporting & Analytics
What is the opportunity?
As a key member of the leadership team for Capital Markets and Treasury Services Performance Management, you are responsible for performance management duties related to financial and management reporting, as well as strategy and analytics for the overall platform. Global regulatory constraints and the impact from the market environment on global financial institutions have materially changed the way the enterprise needs to optimize its resources. Capital Markets arguably has been impacted the most of all the RBC platforms and the need to provide value added, timely and accurate support to senior executive has increased significantly. The complexity of the analytics and the demand for more strategic support to the front office has grown exponentially and is a current challenge for Capital Markets executives to navigate through.
This role will appeal to individuals who want to work in a fast-paced area that has significant visibility and a high profile across RBC (especially within Capital Markets), who have an appetite for working in a forward looking and innovative environment who also thrive on challenges and want to over-achieve and make a real difference with the business. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Manage the Platform Reporting & Analytics team as the hub of financial performance information for the Capital Markets and Treasury Services business
- Responsible for the development of insightful analysis and actionable information working with business leaders, the CEO, COO and CFO of CM, CFO of RBC, and senior regional staff to significant involvement in the execution of forward-looking deliverables including strategic Line of Business enterprise reviews as well as regulatory and rating agency reviews
- Provide insightful and actionable financial and business analytics of Capital Markets results and work on complex presentations to support executive decision-making
- People and team management through the fostering of an innovative environment where staff are tapping into financial and non-financial data across the enterprise to drive value-add financial analysis, while keeping current with market trends, the competitive environment, and identification of business opportunities
- Provide business executives and senior management of Capital Markets with analysis and recommendations on financial performance, through identification of issues and ongoing monitoring as well as provide analysis of strategic initiatives;
- Manage new and changes to current regulatory and accounting standards (i.e. Basel, OSFI, IFRS) to ensure they are properly reflected within all forecasting, planning and strategic initiatives presented to senior management in order to identify impacts to the Wholesale businesses;
- Proactively develop and manage key performance analytics (financial and non-financial measures) including external benchmarking and peer analysis
- Key Finance contact for the Capital Markets platform ensuring regular reporting, analysis and performance management requirements are meeting the needs of Chief Financial Officer Capital Markets and Capital Markets Operating Committee through timely, actionable and insightful reporting. This requires this position to drive to conclusion and present results as appropriate
- Accounting designation (CPA) and/or Degree in Finance (MBA / CFA) with 7+ years relevant experience
- Experience in complex wholesale business activity, namely a thorough understanding of Capital Markets businesses and transactions, and associated risks & returns.
- Experience in management reporting and analysis, and/or financial resource optimization (capital, funding, and liquidity).
- Keen sense of numbers and strong analytical skills with ability to multitask and handle high-pressure executive level requests on a continuous basis
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to influence stakeholders mobilize groups to deliver on common goals
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to consistently exercise independent thought and judgment and adapts to new tasks quickly, proactive and persistent in issue resolution
- Experience in complex wholesale business activity, management reporting and analysis, and/or financial resource optimization (capital, funding, and liquidity).
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Presentation skills required, with data mining skill and ability to explore new technologies to enhance the delivery of financial information
What's in it for you?
- Understanding of Capital Markets businesses an asset
- Solid experience and good understanding of bank structure, risk management concepts, financial markets and instruments
- Experience in financial modelling including understanding of statistics, risk or other quantitative metrics
- Risk management, bond and derivative financial markets, front office execution, trading and derivative operations, risk systems, hedge accounting, risk decomposition
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- The opportunity to interface with senior level executives from many different parts of the organization
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you. Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.