Director, Project Delivery & Management
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will lead a team of Project Management Professionals (project control officers, project managers, senior project managers, senior program managers, and scrum masters) responsible for the delivery of P&CB's strategic project portfolio and have direct people management responsibilities. You will assign, develop, assess and oversee the resources assigned to the end-to-end delivery of approved projects, ensuring that the strategic goals of the projects/ program are met and benefits realized. Consulting, Educating, Coaching and Mentoring; supporting RBC Leaders /Stakeholders by assuring resources within the team and assigned to projects/programs are following EPMO/Agile management disciplines in delivery, Change Management principles are applied, Risks/Issues are escalated /resolved promptly. You will provide thought leadership and promote execution excellence to support EPMO reporting requirements. You will be responsible for working with others within the Performance Enablement & Program Delivery (PEPD) group to support tracking staffing demands for current projects and forecasting future capacity demands and gaps. Implement resource strategies consistent with tactical and strategic plans needed to execute the P&CB portfolio optimizing utilization rates; operating with the approved operating authorities within PEPD What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must have:
- Lead a team of (20) holding various PLs (07, 08, and 09) full-time Project Management Professionals responsible for the delivery of P&CB project portfolio which are medium/large in scale of complexity, risk (specifically Project Risk: Investment and Delivery and Operational Risk). In addition at times the team may also include a limited number of students and CWM employees (contractors).
- Team Leadership including providing oversight, coaching, developing capabilities, performance management, career discussions
- Talent Management and identification to develop team for future growth within department and organization
- Drives value in the unit and department through identification and supporting of new concepts
- Accountable to support working differently, adapting to and leading change
- Strong collaboration across the Project Delivery & Management Senior Leadership Team and across PEPD
- Knowledge of Business Agility and possesses an Agile Mindset
- Proficient in project/program delivery to support team in their day to day assignments (includes risks, issues, status reporting, IWF, AMG etc.)
- Supports and contributes to a Safe to Speak up environment
Nice to have: What's in it for you?
- 5 years demonstrated experience with Project/Program execution in a progressive state of complexity and scale
- 5 yrs. related People Leadership experience
- Growth mindset
- Unlock the Potential of our People
- Drive to Impact and Influence
- Effective strong written and oral communication skills
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work