Director, Technology Operational Risk
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
In this second line of defense risk management role, you will provide oversight over the identification, measurement, mitigation and monitoring of technology risk and ensure that CIBC continues to meets the key requirements of the Sound Practices for the Management and Supervision of Operational Risk.
In this capacity, the Director will work in closely with technology and risk partners across the company to ensure a consistent and collaborative approach to managing technology risk. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Effective Communications - You demonstrate clarity of thought in both written and verbal communications. You develop and deliver strong reporting content, presentations and assessment summaries on an ongoing basis for senior audiences and risk committees up to and including the Board.
- Relationships - Build and sustain strong internal relationships where you are viewed as a valued partner that offers sound and pragmatic guidance, demonstrates a deep understanding their environment and context and facilitates productive risk discussions and outcomes. You closely track status of key technology risk initiatives and programs to clearly understand, challenge and influence program objectives to ensure objectives are met and risk is reduced.
- Technical expertise - You bring instant credibility by skillfully leveraging your strong breadth of technology experience and depth of knowledge in key areas such as cloud, data governance, cybersecurity and IT service management to deliver and communicate positive risk management outcomes with various audiences, including senior leaders.
- Strategy and policies - Maintain an industry view of the broad technology landscape, understand best practices, regulations and performance benchmarks, monitor emerging technology trends and threats and interface with peers and thought leaders to define and influence technology risk policies and standards. Ensure that roles and responsibilities for the three lines of defense for technology risk are clear.
- Independent oversight and assessment - Review operational practices, risk assessments, controls, deficiencies, metrics, and other relevant information to form an independent view of technology risks. Develop materials to communicate technology risk status, accomplishments, trends and issues to senior audiences through various forums such as senior management meetings and risk committees.
What CIBC Offers
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to synthesize detailed information and communicate insights and conclusions in an impactful way.
- You can demonstrate breadth of experience across technology risk domains. It's an asset if you possess experience in various technology roles and have been accountable for producing content for senior management on technical subject matter.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-CC East 6th Floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours