Director of FP&A Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada Toronto ON CA
- Permanent, Full time
- VICE Studio Canada
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; and an international TV network called VICELAND.
JOB TITLE: Director of FP&A Canada
REPORTS TO: Deputy CFO
OVERVIEW: As a Key member of the Corporate Finance leadership team, the Director of FP&A Canada will be a key business partner to the [Canada MD], supporting all Finance related activities in Vice Canada.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage financial planning, reporting and analysis, including interpretation and summarization of results with the appropriate analysis and recommendations to improve business performance.
- Support Canada MD in business decision making by providing relevant financial insights, help evaluate new business opportunities
- Ensure strategic plan is realistic but also a stretch for the organization. Review plan for any potential issues.
- Conduct regular business reviews, working with business and financial management to develop, evaluate and monitor action plans that lead to profitable growth.
- Liaise and communicate with HQ on key business drivers and results
- Work with central tax team and to ensure compliance and optimal structure
- Maintain and improve an excellent financial-controls environment
- Ensure division/group understands importance of control issues. Make sure all audit reports are accurate and appropriate actions are taken.
- Establish strong cost, capital and working capital controls. Manage and improve all aspects of the balance sheet, including, but not limited to, cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payables and accruals. Key member of the local management team and key business partner of country MD.
- 10+ years in FP&A role
- MBA in finance, accounting or a related field
- Experience in Media a plus
- Ability to investigate details as well as see the bigger strategic direction
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
- Expert level user of Microsoft Excel and highly skilled with PowerPoint
- Hands on user of finance/accounting systems
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.