Requisition ID: 83898
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The Risk Management Systems & Support team provides development and support services for Group Treasury (Structural Interest Rate Risk management, Asset/Liability Management, Funds Transfer Pricing, Match Maturity, Budgeting and Planning) and Global Risk Management (Global Retail Credit Risk, Trade Floor Risk Management). The Role
The Data Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing technical solution roadmaps in RMSS. You will be required to participate in multiple projects, provide internal leadership, and lead technical design, use cases, and process workflow of complex business processes for internal clients. You must possess the ability to work with a team of technology focused peers and the ability to juggle multiple/concurrent tasks. You must thrive on challenge, be proactive, dynamic and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn. Knowledge and/or familiarity with financial instruments, liquidity risk, interest rate risk, funds transfer pricing, and financial management reporting processes is ideal. The expectation for the ideal candidate is to able to supplement and complement both Technical and Project Leads and be hands-on. Some of the key accountabilities include:
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Provide technology leadership and be the ambassador for the DevOps team
- Participate in all aspects of a systems development life cycle within the development team (Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, QA, Implementation and Support)
- Be the Point of Contact for escalation on service operation including service availability and continuality
- Liaise between the Project and Devops team, understand projects, and aspects of the project, impacting the team and service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
- Analyze data in both traditional operational SQL Server databases and Hadoop Big Data environments
- Analyze data sources for integration into Hadoop - structured/semi-structured and unstructured data from various sources
- Ensure compliance with all applicable data regulations and policies
- Lead initiatives to support continuous integration and improvement through technologies and process
- Support Business As Usual Devops where applicable (may require off business hour support)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 6-10 years of experience as a Data Engineer/ ETL Developer/Software Engineer
- 2-3 years of banking/financial industry experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with SQL, Talend, DataStage, Tidal, Hadoop, HQL, Sqoop
- Hands on experience working in a Devops/Agile environment
- Hands on experience working with Bitbucket, Jenkins (pipelines), Hortonworks framework.
- Nice to have: experience in Phyton, Java, Shell scripts, Apache Nifi, Kafka, Pig, Spark,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and be capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives
- Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
- Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Retail Sales, Finance, Technology, Engineering, Retail