Financial Analyst, Reporting
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
How You'll Succeed
- Provide reporting and analytical support to CIBC Strategic Business Units and/or CIBC Lines of Business
- This role is an key member of a team of reporting professionals promoting a focus on Continuous Improvement Management System (CIMS)
- Responsible for the production of management reports to support deliverables for our Finance Business Support partners and Lines of Businesses
Who You Are
- Contribute to a high-performing team environment by optimizing individual capabilities to realize value-add reporting services for business partners
- Proactively contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by reviewing the reports that are produced with a view to rationalize, standardize and optimize
What CIBC Offers
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You have a degree in Accounting/Finance (including professional accounting designation or business degree with relevant years of experience)
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
18 York Street, 10th floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours