Requisition ID: 78381
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are a high-energy team with a strong bias towards action. We are a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Central America, and parts of Europe and Asia. We are Canada's MOST international bank. We place value on creativity, curiosity, drive and the need to work collaboratively, and we're looking for future leaders who have a passion for making an impact and, most of all, getting things done. If this sounds like you, join our awesome team!
The Customer Insights, Data, and Analytics team at Scotiabank is focused on building high-value projects to enhance data-driven decisions across the bank. Work with a group of highly accomplished professionals who blend expertise in computer science, data, machine learning, and UI to deliver innovative solutions that drive the business. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic problem solver with experience building impactful UI to join our growing team. You will be a key stakeholder for creating successful human-in-the-loop machine learning projects, creating applications that blend predictive results with past and real-time descriptive data. WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we are looking for you! KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Do you love to solve problems?
- Do you obsess over modern and beautiful user experiences?
- Have you built insightful data-driven applications?
- Are you interested in the application of advanced analytics?
- Build user-facing applications that effectively translate data & machine learning into action
- Create reusable patterns to efficiently scale to multiple projects
- Work closely with stakeholders and data scientists to incrementally grow projects
- Experiment & learn !
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or relevant experience
- Experience designing and developing with modern web frameworks. Angular preferred.
- Hands on experience with charting and visualization libraries an asset
- Experience creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with Python, Django, and/or PostgreSQL an asset
- Knowledge of Banking and Capital Markets an asset
- Interested in the application of machine learning
- Self-starter, pragmatic, detail-oriented
Why work for Scotiabank?
- Flexible Working Hours
- Downtown offices
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 89,000 high-performing (and awesome) teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services in more than 55 countries. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 24 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Finance, Technology, Engineering