Full Stack Engineer
Requisition ID: 83319
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Job Purpose:
Full Stack Engineer will have 5 + years of hands-on experience in application design, development, and operations that leverage such technologies as Java 8, SpringBoot, RESTful services, Microservices, Messaging middleware technologies such as JMS, MQ, Cloud technologies - IaaS and PaaS, Jenkins and Grade/Maven. The incumbent should be quick learner and must be adept at trouble-shooting and problem solving in a highly integrated cloud environment. Experience with continuous integration and deployment methodology is an asset. Key Job accountabilities:
- Work closely with Product Owner and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to software solutions.
- Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development , and unit testing of solutions using Java, SpringBoot, RESTful services and a variety of Microservices.
- Create and maintain detailed design documents as well as supporting the lifecycle of those documents.
- Build and test integration software solutions.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and performance.
- Participate in technical meetings with client's technical specialists.
- Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
- Level 3 support responsibilities are included as well.
- Solid technical experience developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java, SpringBoot, RESTful services, No SQL databases, and Microservices in cloud
- Experience designing and developing applications and reusable components using a service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in securing data both in transit and at rest (data encryption, PKI, TLS, HTTPS)
- Working Experience in Cloud technologies - IaaS, PaaS and Docker containers
- Knowledge or Proven experience with a cloud provider (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Working Knowledge of Apache Kafka, GCP (Google Pub/Sub) is an asset
- Working Knowledge of DB2/My SQL, ORACLE PL/SQL
- Working Knowledge of Angular JS UI/Spring MVC front end is an asset
- Working Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Groovy) is an asset.
- Must possess DevOps knowledge and hands on experience on CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Gradle/Maven, BitBucket, Artifactory, SonarQube)
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git).
- Proficient with build tools (Maven/Gradle).
- Excellent team player with experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, and excellent communication skils.
- Experience in integration technologies such as IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes is an asset
- Familiarity with a NoSQL database is an asset.
- Must be familiar with DevOps software engineering culture and practice.
- Minimal educational requirements are a bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Database, Finance, Technology, Engineering